Tuesday 21 April 2015

Photorealistic Pastel Drawings On Boards Of Wood

http://goo.gl/Yk7nDa

I look up to pastel painters like Degas and pioneer photorealists like Audrey Flack, Roberto Bernadi (who paints realistic still life works) and, recently, Julian Beever, who influenced me to start drawing anamorphic works. I always love to draw realistic art or artworks that tease the eyes and the brain. By working on wood, it gives me a lot of dimension and ideas to create something close to reality and it works really well with pastels, too. I started to experiment on wood some years back with mainly portraits as my subject before going further with a different concept. I started to think of ideas and draw things that we could see ‘happening’ on a piece of wood, so the very first idea that struck me was the dripping effect. That was my first anamorphic work. I got a good response when i posted on my Instagram [@ivanhooart], and this gave me the confidence and motivation to continue with this concept.


More info: facebook.com


Looking ThroughPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-1Pastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-2Broken EggsPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-3Broken VasePastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-4Coffee SpillPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-5Coke SpillPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-6Dripping EffectPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-7Crumpled PaperPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-8Masking TapesPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-9Cling WrappingPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-10Wine SpillPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-11Soda drinkPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-12Cigarette ButtsPastel-Drawing-On-Wood-By-Ivan-Hoo-13


Video: Drawing Upside Down Of Crayon Pop ChoA And Way By Ivan Hoo


[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWxN-3f9vfM[/video]


Video Source: Ivan Hoo


Must Read Artistic Articles:
Mind-Bending Optical Illusions By Swedish Photoshop Master Erik Johansson
New Incredibly Detailed Pen Doodles By Kerby Rosanes
Meet A Whole New Generation Of Street Art Emerging In Athens, Greece


Feel free to Like, Comment & Share your ideas with us!

Don’t forget to subscribe our YouTube Channel.


Make sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter  for most recent Updated posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment